Thursday, December 30, 2010

How you do (online) Social!?

Pretty much of the people who follow me, do so for stuff related to Agile or Community events/stuff (along with a few others who knew me for sometime and might really care to follow my news as a person/friend)

I thought it was obvious how I categorize my stuff but lately I realized that it needed to be more explicit, so here is a list of what I'm sharing so you won't get spammed by my other personal stuff (That is the way I do it, what about you?):

ComCal.org: Wanna follow follow technical events and share events with others? Egypt IT community Calendar is a public calendar that includes offline IT community Events held around Egypt. Also, online events both from Egypt and around the world. Choose your way subscription between from the site. You can add events to share it with the community here.

@ASGEgypt: Anything Agile, I was a bit sleepy but probably will be posting there more often soon. Note: this is a "colaborative" twitter account, others (ASGE organizers) post there too.

FCIH Blog: A collaborative blog by many guys from FCIH, I try to blog there as much as I can, but the blog is really full of great posts by my fellow Helwaneez there.. Strangely, we have huge (daily) hits from USA & India compared to those from Egypt.

@FCIH: Speaking of the blog; many guys from FCIH blog might post/reply there to any technical questions.

Google Reader Share items: for more "serious" stuff like articles I read, etc

LinkedIn: my online "professional ID"/CV/Resume.

@mShady: I was always fond of status messages (here's the proof!).. So this is my status messages/shout out/ etc extended and kinda archived! This is "me"; no filters attached!

This Blog: A year or so ago, I've went back through my blog to make sure my tags are more limited. No I have like only 9 (not sure if I should really reduce that again). I'm trying to make sure that all the posts here are either under "Personal" or "Tehcnical" Tag.. All the other tags are just extra tagging..

Facebook: is more for friends and family (or at least I'm trying to do so from now on) though it's wasn't exactly my "policy" before, I used to accept almost everybody as friends as long as they look "human" to me.

BUZZ: A combination of all the above!! I prefer discussions on Buzz and Facebook.. twitter is not made for that!

 

Now that I wrote it down, may be this way I'll be more strict about these rules that they are now public Open-mouthed smile

No comments:

Disclaimer

All the opinions expressed on this blog are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer's positions, strategies or opinions.